Saturday, February 5, 2011

Songs In Remembrance

Remember ( Definition)- to recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory; think of again;to have recollection.

I'd like to know that people will remember me.
  Not because I was fun to be around but because I made an impact on their life.

I don't want to be another memory to people that eventually fade along with time. I don't have to be in their minds every second but maybe once or twice at least after I'm gone, I'd like to be remembered for the Love I have for Christ.
  Remembered by my songs.

My Song Book
When someone listens to my songs, I'd like to for them to feel like they've just listened to my heart. They just listened to how I feel about the Lord and more importantly that they've had an experience with God like I do when I write them.

My songs are my legacy to be my remembered by.
They are the very reason why I'm pursuing what am I going after now. God intended for me to be a musician, to be a songwriter, for His glory. I wouldn't dream of doing anything else.

I wasn't always one to say that either. I often tried to run from my calling. Telling God that I didn't want to be influence on people. That why every person that comes in my life is because I have to be an influence on them? I stopped that way of thinking a long time ago, and humbled myself and looked at it as an honor. God chose me, to influence people, and I've learned that it's through my music. Not through talking to people or counseling ( well for now anyway) but it's definitely through my music. And I'm so grateful that He's chosen to work through me, and often I feel that I'm not worthy of such a task, but I take His hand and ask Him to guide me through whatever I have to do.

I don't write my songs.
God writes them.
I didn't teach myself to play guitar.
The Holy Spirit taught me. I know it may sound ridiculous to some people but He did, I can't tell you how I learned anything on that instrument and picked it up, but I did by the grace of God because I asked Him to be my teacher and He has been.

Yes those songs are "my songs" but really it's God's songs. I can't take any of the credit. I won't be able to write anymore without Him.

'Til next time my fellow songwriters
Tori Taylar

Psalm 45:1 -
My heart is stirred by a beautiful song.
I say, “I have composed this special song for the king;
my tongue is as skilled as the stylus of an experienced scribe.

My Special Song for the King: http://soundcloud.com/eric-chancey/place-of-intimacy/s-6n1Ec

2 comments:

  1. P.S. Your song is an outstanding contemporary christian piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete